By: Evelyn Chen
Part 2 of the series features products to address two of the most irritating and frustrating skin problems: blemishes and blackheads. We’ve uncovered a few magical potions that will help you control these rascals.
If you missed PART 1 – HYDRATION – click HERE
1. Get crystal clear with Kiehl’s Herbal Blue Moisturizer. This is a 2-in-1 product with astringent to get deep into your pores and zap your skin into order. This oil-free lotion is a good option for those with acne prone skin.
2. Get to the root of the problem with Clinique’s Acne Solutions Clinical Clearing Gel to target those stubborn bad boys. This is perfect for those who prefer Salicylic Acid treatments. Bonus: it’s allergy tested and fragrance free.
3. My My Mattify with Coni Beauty Black Whitening Jelly Mask. With skin calming rose water and other goodies, this mask draws out excess oil and gives you radiant, brighter skin. Also, it’s a super fun mask to use.
4. Get control over your skin with the Clarisonic Mia. This is an investment item worth investing in – it just requires a little patience. Keep in mind this tool is designed to provide a deeper clean than using your hands. Your skin needs time to adjust. When you first use the Clarisonic don’t use it every day but rather twice a week! Start off slow and build up to it. Overall, the Clarisonic helps improve the look of your skin. If you struggle with blackheads this will definitely help while giving your skin an instant glow due to its exfoliating brush.
While looking into recent updates about the Clarisonic, I came across this special lil something for the guys. The Clarisonic Mia2 and Jack Black partnered up to buffer out those rough edges and its brush helps to soften course hairs. This, along with Jack Black, a great skin care line for men, makes the perfect combo.
5. Say bye bye to blackheads with Dermalogica Precleanse. While most products reduce the appearance of blackheads, this product cleans out your blackheads. The logic behind this product is counter-intuitive, but the results are wonderfully blissful. After a few weeks of regular cleansing with this oil, you’ll notice your pores are cleared out. Tip: dab on a bit of astringent after cleansing to tighten up your pores in areas where you tend to have blackheads.
For the weeks in between waiting for the effects to kick in, a great concealer is a must-have and we’ve got a couple under our belt that do the trick.
The Vichy Dermablend Corrective Stick 14hr is a great option for those with normal skin. This creamy concealer gives great coverage. Just remember to set it!
For those with dry skin, the Lancome Maquicomplet is a no fuss option to use. Simply dab on with the doe foot wand and blend with a concealer brush or your fingers. This little guy has a loyal following.
While all these products combined may seem like a lot of time and energy, they’ve been designed to address a few of the most frustrating skin problems. However, at the end of the day, a good rule to go by is to avoid touching your face as much as possible! This tends to happen during times of stress, later developing into a regular habit. Not only does this aggravate your skin, excess oil that you don’t need is being transferred onto your face. Be aware of your body and take care of skin problems as soon as you can. The earlier the start, the more likely you are to tackle the problem head on and minimize added stress later on.