By: Evelyn Chen
(Image from Pinterest)
Skin is one of the first things people notice. Having healthy looking skin is also one of the few features that is universally accepted as a sign of beauty. As a result, it is no surprise that skincare is a lucrative business. However, amidst the vast selection of products and multitude of skin care lines it can quickly become an overwhelming process. Which is why Coveting Chi Chi is featuring a 3 part series to target the top 3 most common skin frustrations with a few products to help you unveil your beautiful skin. First up on the list is HYDRATION. After a long hard search of different products, here to the rescue are 5 secret agents that help restore your skin’s moisture.
1. Grab A Nourishing Cleanser with Clarins, Extra-Comfort Anti-Pollution Cleansing Cream. This cleansing cream is more rich and creamy than other cleansers. It is much more gentle on the skin and contains ingredients such as mango and shea butter to keep your skin nourished after cleansing. Bonus: there is quite a lot of product in this 200mL bottle.
2. Embrace the Calming Toner with Fresh, Rose Floral Toner. This beauty is 100% pure rosewater to help return your skin to its natural pH levels after cleansing to maintain healthy, hydrated skin.
3. Get Oiled Up with Josie Maran, 100% Pure Argan Oil Light. Argan oil is an added step that boosts your moisturizer’s power, leaving your skin feeling more supple and smooth. You only need 3-4 drops of this oil at a time, lasting you for months on end. Note: While this oil is the light option, I recommend using this after cleansing at the end of the day to minimize touchups and blotting throughout the day.
4. Skin, Drink Up with Fresh, Lotus Youth Preserve Face Cream. This cream contains 7 active ingredients that work together by boosting your skin’s production of hyaluronic acid to help retain moisture. Depending on your skin type, this moisturizer can give you an added glow, or a soft sheen. Apply this moisturizer after cleansing and allow a few minutes for it to absorb into your skin.
However, if you’re tight on time (especially in the mornings!) try Kiehl’s, Ultra Facial Cream. It draws in moisture from the air around your skin while retaining your skin’s natural moisture.
5. Bat Your Youthful Eyes with Fresh, Black Tea Age-Delay Eye Concentrate. This eye cream leaves the eye area feeling velvety smooth. Even after cleansing the morning after.
However, if you don’t need eye care this powerful, try Fresh, Lotus Eye Gel. It hydrates and has a slightly cooling effect with the same 7 active ingredients as their face cream.
For an overnight moisture recharge, Origins, Drink Up Intensive Overnight Mask instantly hydrates your skin with a mixture of nourishing avocado, and seaweed to repair skin to its natural healthy state to prevent dehydration. While it is an overnight mask, not a lot of product is needed. Simply use this as if you’re using a regular moisturizer. It also smells divine.
Regardless of your skin type, proper hydration and moisture for your skin has many benefits. One of the most important for many is anti-aging.
Be nice to your skin. It’s with you forever.